Sunday, October 08, 2006

Prayers For My Father

The past two weeks I have been in Sacramento. My father had a stroke so I went to help in his recovery. It affected his speech and some vision and motor skills. He is doing better but life is not the same for him. There are things he can't do any more and this is very hard for him and us the family. I enjoyed learning more about how my parents live the day to day routine and also taking them to the different doctors appointments and to the stores as my father can't drive. If he keeps improving hopefully he will be able to drive again. My father takes a daily walk around his neighborhood, I went with him some days, the days that he was able. One of the great things about visiting my parents is my mother's food. Her food it's simple rice and beans with vegetables and salad, but it is so good. She cooks low salt and uses olive oil but her seasoning is so good. It is also very healthy food. I was eating tree meals a day and I lost ome pound, I think it has to do that her food is low in calories. I felt like I was having a feast every day(this does not happened when I cook). They also eat lots of grains and fruits for breakfast. I ask for prayers for my parents; for my father's recovery and strength for my mother's as she needs it to take care of him.

2 comments:

Piegirl said...

Happy for some good news of your Dad's recovery. You and your family have been in my prayers.

Amoret said...

Thank you for your prayers Amelia.
I had a great time visiting them. Today he sees his doctor and I wish I was there to take him. But my sister Ana will go with him, she is a nurse and lives near them. She is so bless to be near them and has the chance to help them every time they need someone.
She works full so she has to do a a lot of adjustments to be there for every of fathers' appointments. So she was gald I went for a few weeks so she can take a break.