Friday, December 15, 2006

LADY Is No Longer in the Family



I am sad to announce that LADY in no longer in the family. LADY is Amor's green Acura (it looks black in this picture but LADY is really dark green). It got the name of LADY by Amor's brothers because LADY are the first 4 letters in it's licence plate. It has been in the family for 11 an a half years. It used to belong to Amor's brother Stew. Stew's first son Erik came home from the hospital when he was born in the LADY. Them Amor became the next owner of the LADY for the last 8 years. It was the car he had when we were dating. So many romantic memories of places in the San Francisco Bay Area we went with the car :-) It is also the car we had have now that we are married. It was a very special car.

LADY never gave us any problems since my hubby took good care of it. But lately it was coming to need lot's of mayor maintenance that were worth more than the car. It was also loosing its paint and needed to be repainted. So after thinking about replacing it for a year, it has finally happened. We have replaced LADY with a 2003 Toyota XR corolla Matrix. This one has a CD player so we are enjoying playing music and listening to audio CD books as we drive places.

Following is a quick picture I took of our new Toyota as Amor is backing out of our garage ready to drive it to work for the first time. He loves his new car. It has all the extras with the exception of navigation.


2 comments:

Piegirl said...

Awww...one memory I have associated with LADY is riding to Yosemite for the hiking trip I took with Gordon, Sean, Kris, and Dana in Aug 1998. I kinda miss my old car, but I have a "new" one now...my brother-in-law's 1995 Accord. I should post a pix of it on my blog.

Amoret said...

So you remeber the LADY!!! Yes, Gordon has pictures of that backpacking trip you guys did. You are a brave girl Amelia. Gordon has not gotten me to go backpaking yet. I can go camping but backpacking is not in my list of fun things to do.
I have been wondering about your stolen car. So you have an Accord now. Does this mean that your car was never returned to you?