Saturday, April 25, 2009

Taking My Parents and Tios for a Walk at Balboa Park

Since my tio Beto and tia Marta had already been to the coastal San Diego's sight seeing areas when they visited five years ago. We decided to take them to Balboa Park. We also needed a one stop place that was wheelchair accessible. Balboa Park was perfect because it is mostly flat and full of sideways and ramps. This was the weekend of the Earth Day Fair at Balboa Park and it was full of people. There were hundreds of booths, outdoor shows, entertainment, and outdoor music..... It was also an unusual hot day for San Diego.


Dad, tio Beto and tia Marta.
Tio Beto pushed my dad in his wheelchair everywhere we went.



We stopped at a shaded area and did a lot of people watching and great conversation.
It was very joyful to hang out with the family.




My mom. The first Zulita:-)



Enjoying the Botanic Garden at Balboa Park.
We sat her for a good hour enjoying the garden and great conversation. Bother and sister had a lot catching up to do.
Dad, mom, tia Marta, tio Beto and Gordon



Dad trying to listen to one of my tia Marta's great stories as tio Beto pushes him and we walk around Balboa Park.


Tio Beto, dad, tia Marta, mom and I (Gordon took the picture)
Enjoying some drinks and great conversation at one of the eating places at Balboa Park.
We sat here at this patio for some good two hours. There was a great breeze at this patio, perfect for a hot day. It was so much fun!!! Tia Marta is sure a great storyteller! I can listen to her all day:-)


Helping dad walk to the car



Mi prima Janet did not go to Balboa Park with us because she was here in a Business trip and was busy all day. But we met her in the evening and we walked one of the streets of the San Diego Gas Lamp Distric and ate at a Mexican restaurant.


My parents and tio Beto and tia Marta at the Mexican restaurant.


All of us after eating. My parents, Tio Beto, tia Marta, Janet, Gordon and I.
Thank you for the Mexican food querida Janet:-)


After enjoying the beautiful sunset of the San Diego harbor from the hotel room window where they were staying. It was time to say, Adios:-(


Dad thanking tio Beto for pushing him in the wheelchair all day.
Tio Beto is by nature such a noble soul:-)



Back at my house a different day.
My dad and I the morning they were going back to Sacramento.
Here is when he is about to enjoy the fresh fruit/vegetable smoothie I prepared for him.

0 comments: