Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My Uncle Jose Chavanz Dies

December 28 at around 5:30 p.m. my uncle Jose Lucio Chavanz dies at his home. He was my mother's younger brother. He had been having problems with his heart and other health problems especially more so the last two years.
It was hard to hear the news of his death. When my aunt Blanca called my parents to tell them that he was dying they packed to fly from Sacramento to Moorpark as soon as they could. My parents have been with her ever since. They were with her when my uncle's body was taken from his house, taken away for ever. They said it was a very hard moment.

Amor and I went to be with them Friday until after New Year. We were glad to be there to help. There is a lot of work to do when someone dies. The above picture shows my Mom, my aunt and a friend working in the details of his memorial service. Notice my uncle's picture in the middle of the table. His memorial service will be Sunday January 7 at 4:00 p.m. at the Simi Valley SDA Church 1636 Sinaloa Rd. Simmi Valley, CA 93065

We ask for prayers for our family as we go through this sad and hard time. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Piegirl said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle's passing. I pray that God will comfort you and family during this sad time.

Amoret said...

Thank you Amelia. We will be going back to my aunt's house this evening to be there for this weekend of his memorial service.