Friday, May 25, 2007

My New Teaching Job!

Monday morning May 7, I received a call from Doug Herrmann(one of the Southeastern California Conference School Superintendent) to invite me to a 6:00 p.m. interview at the Murrieta SDA School for Thursday May 10. That Thursday I went to the interview. It was scary because it was a group interview with their school board and parents. There was also six of us teachers interviewing for the position that evening, so there was the pressure of competition. Five out of the six teachers schedule to interview came. It was a strange situation to meet each other as we waited. I was the first one to be called in to interview. I answered every question they asked me honestly and with one, two and sometimes three examples. I think the interview lasted about 30 minutes. On my way out I wished the other teachers waiting "good luck" and left. The interview seemed like a glimpse after it was over.

The next morning around 8:50 a.m. I received a call from Dough Herrmann and he said; "The Murrieta school will like to invite you to join their staff; Would you accept?" I responded saying, "What are you saying?" He then say, "After a long meeting and much prayer they decided to offer the position to you. You got the job! Then I said, I accept!

I called Gordon and my family with the news. After two years of waiting, I can't believe it can just happened so fast. I will be teaching a classroom of 1st and 2nd graders next school year.
Thank you to all my family and friends that prayed for my interview to go well. And it did! I got the job!!!

Thank you God for giving me a place to serve. Now I need Your guidance and wisdom to make the contributions you need me to make in the lives of the children in my care and their families.


We celebrated with lunch at the Inka Grill (Perubian food) on Saturday and Sunday with a "Mango Feast". We bought big mangos at Costco. They were delicious!. I, alone ate three of them. The picture above is after we had already eaten two mangos. Sunday, we also went to the Temecula Olive Oil Company and purchace a bottle of Rosted Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil that we like to put on our food. The oils are made in a Temecula olive oil farm. They grow, produce and sell top quality California extra virgin olive oils of various flavours and wine.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such great news. I am so glad that you have the job.

love,
Gordon