Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The World Cup


My parents are into the World Cup games. It's a family tradition to get together to see the games. Had a great time watching some of the games with them. This particular day Brazil was playing against Chile. My dad was going for Brazil and my mom for Chile.

My mother has a collection of flags of the different countries of the world.


My brother was going for Brazil as well. Here he is waving the Brazilian flag in front of the TV.


We are a unique family. We are not all from one country. parents met at the Adventist College that serves Central America. My mother was born in Costa Rica and my father is from Honduras. My father is a Pastor and my parents worked as missionaries in different counties and moved in an average of every 3-4 years. Us children were born in different places. My sister Ana was born in Colon Panama, my sister Adita was born in David Panama, and I was born in at the canal zone in Panama City and brother was born in Guatemala City. Growing up when people asked us where were we from (which it was asked often when you are traveling as a family in the spanish speaking countries), we will say,..... "We are from Central America".


My father holding the flag from Honduras, his country.

0 comments: