Saturday, April 14, 2007

Our Week in Mountain View/San Jose

We had a great week! It was a work week for Gordon. His mission was to update TAgnet servers and set up new ones.
It was such a treat to stay at our friends Van and Aurora's home. We were so glad so see them again! Aurora had some great breakfast and dinners for us and we had a great time visiting and catching up. It felt like we had a feast at every meal:-) Thank you guys!
Staying with them was extra special for us because they live in our old neighborhood. Their place is just three block from our old place in Mountain View. We could not resist and took a quick visit to our street and our place. We have great memories there.






Amor worked at one of the Tagnet San Jose co-location where their servers are during the day. I was his assistant:-) ja,ja,ja! It was cold and very loud there. It sure take a lot of time and patience to work with servers.



we visited Cuesta Park in Mountain View one Evening. We had some good memories here.






We were able to visit friends as well. Glad to see Pastor John and Evangelina at the Fremont church. They were busy doing preparations for their Easter services celebration but took the time to visit with me. It was refreshing to visit Mission Hills School and see the kids again. Mirna prepared a lunch of her delicious Pupusas(typical food from El Salvador). She even made some extra for me to take to Sacramento to my father. She knows how much my father love Pupusas.



Mike and Mirna. The happy couple :-)




Van and Amor had a fun evening playing golf. Here is Gordon warming up as he waits for Van. Sorry no picture with Van. I left with the camera before Van arrived.




Girl's catching up time. I think we were at the restaurant some good four hours. Amelia and Darlene, it was so good to see you both!:-)




3 comments:

Piegirl said...

Hola Amiga, I really enjoyed my time with you and Darlene. Can't believe we actually were at the restaurant 4 hours or so!

Amoret said...

Yes, it was so fun to meet. You look great! Marriage has done you good:-) Say hi to Dave for me.

Did you have time to boil the dozens of eggs for your Agape Dinner that night?

Piegirl said...

I think I did get the eggs done, as well as 2 batches of hummus that night! Felt bad that my blender was running so late at night.

The Agape Feast was inspiring. About 60 adults and 10 children attended. I'll be uploading pictures taken by Kevin Goodman, to my flickr site soon.