Sunday, April 29, 2007

Walk For Life



I am taking a class called "Child, Family and Community" this semester (to maintain my Elementary teaching credentials and also work toward Early Childhood Units). One of the projects of this class is to work with a local agency. I was assign to work with the christian agency Birth Choice of Temecula by my professor.


Today was the awaiting big WALK FOR LIFE fund raising event! Gordon and I both participated. This was a fund raising walk for Birth Choice of Temecula. Birth Choice is a local agency that helps mothers to be and babies until one year old. They provide counseling and medical care for the mothers(usually teenage girls), also food and clothing for the babies up to one year.



When we registered they gave us this T-shirts to wear if we wanted, so we put them on.

Beautiful sunny day for the walk


Here is Gordon walking. When the walk ended, we wished it was longer.

0 comments: