Monday, November 23, 2009

Pay Back Time........with Freddy

My students are so excited about my baby! They are excited for me but they are excited for them too like if it's going to be a baby brother for them:-) They are so celebrating the soon coming of my baby!!!!!! I did not know it was going to be so joyful like this! I LOVE it:-)!!!

Pay back Time........ with Freddy

One of the questions that my students asked me about was, what is the baby's name? I told them that we had not decided on a name but we have a list and one of the names we are thinking about is Tirzo. They all laugh very hard, like belly laugh hard because the name Tirzo was very funny for them. Then they said that I should name my baby Freddy since I like that name so much. There is history with the name Freddy and me you see. Freddy is the name I give to each of our classroom pets we have every had. We only have one pet at the time and I always name it Freddy. Then that pet dies or is taken back to the home that let us borrow it and we get another pet, the new pet's name is Freddy. Also, every time a fly comes in our classroom I named it Freddy the Fly......get the picture:-) When they suggested Freddy I immediately said "No, children, Freddy is a name I use for all my pets. Freddy is not the name for my baby." The kids all got excited insisting that I have to name my baby Freddy. They started chanting; "your baby boy's name should be Freddy.......Mrs. Harty loves that name!" It took me great effort to calm them down and get them to stop.
O.K. I admit, it's pay back time. They are getting me back for all the times they wanted to name our classroom pets a different name and I have insisted in Freddy. Now they are insisting that my baby boy should be Freddy because I name everything Freddy:-) But the reality is that I am not naming my baby Freddy, but I'm not telling them that just yet...he,he,he:-):-)

0 comments: